content that violates the list of prohibited and restricted content can be permanently removed from this website without notice. accounts responsible may be banned or deleted. we also reserve the right to take down any post that we think may cause harm for any reason whatsoever.
how to report violations
- read the list of prohibited and restricted content. don’t flag content just because you don’t like it. the content must truly be in violation for it to be considered for removal. permuta does not act as a mediator between the content owner and the person who flagged it. again, read the policy before flagging a review.
every post, profile, comment, and review on this site has a link at the bottom which reads ‘flag as inappropriate.’ click it to report the content. coming soon! submit a message on the support page if you see a violation
- after submitting a report, be patient. it can take several days for a review to be assessed.
prohibited and restricted content
you may not post spam on this site.
- repeated content representing essentially the same content from the same user or representing the same item or service
- content containing outbound links (unless the links are educational and/or help users understand more about the item/service in question)
you may not post content which is not in line with the spirit and purpose of permuta. for example, if you post an item and the only content therein is the history of the washington redskins franchise, it would be considered off-topic (because it is not about barter/trade/exchange). however, if you were offering to trade for a 1983 washington redskins super bowl champions pennant and you included information about Super Bowl XVII in the post, that would be fine.
when products or services are subject to local laws and regulations, you must follow certain guidelines when posting content. content you post/upload may not feature calls to action or offers for the exchange of products or services in a way that is not legal in your area. this includes, but is not limited to: alcohol, gambling, tobacco, guns, health and medical devices, regulated pharmaceuticals, and financial services. in plain terms, if you post something that is subject to local laws/regulations regarding the exchange of said products/services, then your post cannot contain language that violates those laws/regulations. for example, if you create a post about a gun you may want to trade, it cannot say, “i’ll trade this gun to the first person who can come fix my sink.”
content that is illegal or depicts illegal activity is prohibited.
content related to terrorism, inciting violence, or celebrating harm to others is prohibited. if posting content related to any of these subjects for an educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic purpose, be mindful to provide enough information so viewers understand the context.
we absolutely don’t allow content that exploits children or presents them in a sexual manner. we will remove this type of content, shut down the account, and send a report to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and law enforcement.
we don’t permit dangerous or derogatory content, including content that:
- threatens or advocates for harm on oneself or others;
- harasses, intimidates or bullies an individual or group of individuals;
- incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.
don’t use this site to mislead people. this applies to deceptive content as well as false representations.
do not attribute your content to another individual, company or organization if you are not authorized to represent them.
permuta reserves the right to remove content, suspend accounts, or pursue other legal action against contributors who falsely claim that they represent or are employed by permuta.